Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Buckeye Rose

You will get many opinions on this one....LOL. I personally speaking, will buy fabric wherever I can get the most bang for my buck. You can get great fabrics at Walmart for a very reasonable price...and you can also get stuff that is very thin and won't last at all. That same theory will hold true for anywhere you shop, whether it's your LQS, JoAnns, or any of the hundreds of online shops. So it's up to you to check your fabrics carefully to determine if they will suit the needs of your quilt. I am in the process of collecting one yard pieces for a bargello - 24 different shades. I have about 6 to get and it's getting harder to find just the right one to fit into the color scheme. So everywhere I go, I look at the fabric to see if there is one that will work. Today, it's a trip to the LQS to check on LA rental....while there I will look at the fabrics (always look :lol: ) to see if there is a dark teal that I haven't been able to find anywhere. Desperation may make me spend more than I want.