View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Dingle

Originally Posted by MIJul
I have never kept any scraps. They have to be at least 6 inches square or wide before I'll keep them. People will shudder to think how much fabric I've thrown away. But I know I'll never use them and won't take the time to sort through them. Of course, now that fabric costs are skyrocketing, I may have to re-consider this policy. :-)
A few years ago when I was dabbling with quilting I would just throw away anything left over. Fast forward to today and after joining this board I do things different. Being more serious about quilting I see the reason for keeping scraps. You really can do alot with them. With the price of fabric going up and no longer pulling a paycheck I just may need every scrap I can get my hands on if I want to continue learning to quilt. After joining this board I realized how many quilters are willing to take your scraps off your hands. They are more then willing to pay postage. If I don't use my scraps at least I know someone will and I won't have the guilt of just throwing them away. I have a 18 gallon tub full of 4,5 and 6" squares that I have no idea what I will do with all of them. Some good fabric and some not so much but I know when I'm ready to part with some, someone on this board will be more then happy to take them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is please don't throw your scraps away. Fill up a small box or envelope and offer them on this board for shipping only. There are folks on this board who love to create but just can't afford to buy a lot. At least they will be able to do what they love. :thumbup: