Thread: sleep apnea
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
amandasgramma

I have had one for 6 yrs...what everyone says is true. I had no problem adjusting to it and am a MUCH better person since I got it! I had to learn how to sleep and get the hose so it didn't bother me at night -- I tuck mine it between the headboard and the mattress.

do you camp??? We have a travel trailer --- my DH rigged up a plug (cigarette lighter style) for it (we camp withOUT electricity), bought an inverter that they make special for them $65.00 6 yrs ago, and put an extra battery in the camp trailer. We've gone 3 nights without needing to run the generator to pump up the batteries again.

One thing that really burns me is that the medical equipment providers won't provide ANYTHING without you having a prescription. We got clear down into California when I discovered one little plastic part that cost all of $8.00 was missing (had washed everything and left it on the counter). Even though I said I'd pay and to not send it to the insurance company they couldn't provide it. SO -- get a prescription from your doctor for those "just in case" times......

I have the kind with "nasal pillows"......there is NOTHING in this world funnier than being almost asleep and SNEEZING!!!! DH said it was like I blew a head gasket!!! ROL!