Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Lady Diana

Have you discovered the best thing since washable markers? They are called Frixion pens. The are made by Pilot and designed for school/college goers. The pens and the highlighters are used to write and mark on paper and books, and then the ink and highter is erasable by rubbing on the writing. I thought that was amazing, since college students can now turn their books back in at the end of the semester and get more cash back since all their marks are removed. The GREAT NEWS FOR QUILTERS/CRAFTERS...YOU CAN WRITE ON FABRIC WITH A BLACK INK IN THESE PENS AND IT WILL IRON RIGHT OFF! I used one this week during a quilt class. They are wonderful. Target carries them Staples has them and Walgreens has only the black pens. The other retailers carry the blue, pink, red, black and purple. They all iron off. You can trace your applique designs, embroidery designs onto fabric, mark quilt tops, then sew and then press....the lines are all gone! Pilot has not discovered that all of us quilters are grabbing them off the shelves....as soon as they do, the price will go up. The are about $4.00 for two, Walgreens has them for back to school at half price. I bought some the other day that had a coupon attached to the package. $1.99 for the pens (2 pens) and get $4.50 refund when you purchase three packages.
I am about to start drawing Christmas hand embroidery artwork on my fabric squares that will be incorporated into a quilt. Oh, forgot to tell you that if you accidently erase something, put it in your freezer, the lines will come back. ...unless you wash your quilt, the marks are gone and will not come back by putting in the freezer. Uh Oh, just got a note from another quilter saying this has been posted....so sorry...she also said they had problems, I didn't so far.
Diana in TX