View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 PM
dellareya

When I first heard about the earthquake in Virginia yesterday, Wed. Aug 23, my first concern was for 2 of my children that live there. Once I was assured everything was O.K with them, it was interesting to watch east coasters reaction to the quake. The news channels spent hours interviewing and sharing information. It was especially interesting to hear people who had Never been through a quake describe how it was for them.
I live in the San Fransisco Bay Area were quakes are a very common occurrence. Last night my husband and I were up late (we are both retired). We like watching the first half hour of David Letterman. Last night he was telling a lot of jokes about the "Big Quake" in Virginia. About 5 minutes into his opening we heard a boom and the bed started shaking. We knew in an instant it was an earthquake. David Letterman was talking about an earthquake and WE were having one. I got up to check the internet for information on our quake. I barely had the computer on and a smaller second quake hit.
The epicenter was only 5 miles away-hence we felt it so strongly. The first quake was a 3.6 and the second was only a 2.3. This morning we had another aftershock of 3.4.
No damage reported. This is just life in California.