View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by MTS
LOVE it.
And the stripe is so interesting. It works as a perfect calm counter to the fabulous wild scrappy stars.
And the border treatment is perfect.
Outstanding job!!

eta: I think the notion of scrappy is sometimes (unfairly) attributed to something that was just thrown together.
The more I look at this quilt, it's clear how much thought when into the placement of pretty much every "scrap." It really is a great quilt.
Thank you so much, MTS, for such nice compliments!! Scrappy has received a bum name over time, but I try to give it some class. I'm an artist and I hope my work reflects an artistic expression. Only a true artist can see what's thrown together and what is not. Each piece selected comes naturally, from a natural ability, and is difficult to teach to a non-artistic person. As they say, art is in the eye of the beholder! I'll finish it off with a red plaid binding to give it a dark frame and tie it together with the plaid of the sashing. I really enjoyed this one and think it comes closest to that scrappy that I wanted to achieve as my best yet; something I've always wanted to do!

:-D :-D :-D