View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Rosie the "Ripper"

I really don't feel comfortable with a large longarm quilting machine and I am looking at what is called the "QueenQuilter Eighteen" sitdown model. It has an 18" open area, variable speed foot control with needle up/needle down position and frame. It comes mounted in a table and has an extra table that can be put in front of it or on the side.
The only quilting I have done has been hand quilting but I want to learn free motion quilting with a machine and this looks like something I can handle. Not alot of bells and whistles on it, but it does look like something I can learn to use. It is also more within my price range. It only quilts. It does not sew, but I have a good sewing machine.
I don't ever plan on being a professional quilter. I just love all the quilts I see on the board and I just feel that if all of you can do it then I can too. I love sewing and I love quilting, but I don't have a machine quilted quilt that I can call my own work yet.
Does anyone have any advice or comments about this machine? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.