Thread: WalMart Woes
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
june6995

What I am learning about Wal-Mart fabrics is that they are mostly over-runs and misprinted bolts. No one can tell me where they come from , but my own experience is this....the maker name and dated codes are 5 or more years old. There is something wrong with nearly every piece I buy. When I am stream pressing them, I often note dye-over-laps and misprinted prints. I have purchased some that have had the selvage on one side completely cut or hacked off. These are especially the $1. and $2. bolts of fabric.

The higher priced fabrics may be OK, but I don't indulge in those very often. I make most of my quilts to give away and simply use whatever I can find at a reasonable price. Hancock Fabric and JoAnn seldom have sales at these low prices.

Many women are not going to be able to afford to make quilts, even the ones they want to give to their children, if they have to pay $6 and $8 a yard for their fabrics.

I signed the petition at 4346, which was Dec 28. It is a shame the executives do not care about what their customers want or need. They probably buy that fabric for pennies on a bolt and would say they are passing the savings on to us. If their minds are made up, then we know what we can do....to hurt them in the pocket. There are other places to buy the things we get at Wal-Mart after they close the fabric departments. One Fabrics Mgr told me she was told it will be another year before they close. I will be watching as I am sure many of you will be also.