Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by FWDesigns
Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
I bought a similar pattern called "Fiesta" from Fat Cat Patterns: http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/Fiesta.html (it came to me in EQ format, which is a big factor in choosing it over Talavera)
Sindy Rodenmayer does do fabulous work doesn't she? I was able to start saving the fiesta blocks with #3 (missed #1 & 2). I've just gotten EQ7 so haven't had much practice with it (meaning only cracked the book open and loaded program onto machine) but I will be taking some lessons starting in September on it via online. So is having the files easier or what with the EQ7 files than the PDF files she has available? Aha, I see that she now has both formats available for sale. But please tell me why would I use the EQ files? Is it just to see fabrics or with the printing of the blocks out or what? You have me curious as to what I've been missing without having this program before now!
You can re-size the blocks (bigger or smaller), play with alternate settings, see them with different fabrics, intersperse different blocks and see how they play with the originals, change the blocks... so many options when you have EQ.