Old 08-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Jamiestitcher62

Originally Posted by Krystyna
What is precious to me is my family and my dogs. I'll be photographing everything today and uploading to a secure site. IDs and Insurance papers are packed and ready to go. My go bags have emergency stuff -- and that includes a pocket sized Bible in each.

The only thing I will mourn are my fig trees. This is the first year they are bursting with fruit but not yet ripe. Everything else is replaceable.

Yes, we are in a precarious situation here. Our island is only 7/10 of a mile wide at the widest point. If we don't get out early enough we won't be able to get out at all. The tiny islands to the north of us flood before we do. The ocean is four blocks to the south of us and the bay (actually a channel) is two blocks to the north. When bay drains with the tides, but when there's a storm, the wind keeps driving more water into it and then it breaches the retaining walls.

We live in a tiny cottage that was built in 1922. I have no illusions about it surviving if the flood waters come this way.

It will be what it will be. It's all in God's hands now.
Good luck to you and your family. Get out by tomorrow.