Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Thank you everyone! I so enjoy sharing what I have learned. Any talent I have is God given and God inspired. All glory to God. He leads me and I follow.

My avatar is a new venture for me. I am preparing my first pattern for sale. They will be inexpensive at $5 and I have included the quilt block and layout and instructions and tips from me of course. I also have used the quilt block in 4 differant quilts and color arrangements. I hope to have it ready by tomarrow. I just need to figure out the yardage which is not an easy thing for me!! LOL I don't make full size or larger quilts so it isn't anything I have a lot of experience with. But I do recognize I need to include this info. I will be posting it in classifieds when it is ready.
Do you have EQ Rhonda? I've heard that you can import your blocks into that and it will help figure out the requirements for whatever sizes, etc.
the problem with that is it doesn't take into account the cut down method!! LOL You should see the "quilts" I have on there where I figured out the size of each swatch and then how many and put in the blocks for each swatch and ............... I had a lovely time doing all that math and redoing all that math over and over and over
:evil: :evil: :evil: :XD: :XD:

But I think I finally figured it all out. I thought I had a good system going then I found I forgot to include the centers for the KDs. Then the amts the EQ was giving me was way too much. I figured out it rounds up on their figures. I was taking 1/4th and multiplying for how many quilt blocks because I couldnt' get the amt of blocks needed for the larger quilt sizes. so when I figured out it was rounding up I had to resort back to pen and paper to get a better idea of what it actually takes to do one color in one quilt block. And on and on. I finally found I could kind of use both methods together pen and paper and EQ and finally came up with the right answers. I think I hope!! LOL I had to find how many swatches needed and then put that many squares into the EQ. Make sure I had the right size for that swatch and .... what a trip it was!! LOL

LOL It's a good thing I am stubborn and don't give up easily!!