Thread: Hurricane Irene
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
TootieAnn

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Geez, Karen....I feel like I *should* but then again, we're 2.5 hours in from the coast...how bad could it be? I know we'll probably get a bunch of rain.
Don't ask that! LOL! You need to get emergency supplies for your family. I live 3 hours inland from Wilmington and we are getting water, batteries and canned food. I put gas in the car yesterday. I couldn't afford to fill it up, but at least I put some in. This could be a false alarm (like so many others) but as the old adage goes "better to have and not need than need and not have." Hurricane Hugo did a real number on the Charlotte area 22 years ago. I know money is tight for a lot of people right now. It is for my family too. I'm not saying go out and spend a bunch of money. But do spend some time thinking about what you might need. Make sure everyone has any needed meds and a change or two of clothes packed and ready to go. Put gas in your car. Get some bottled water and food and batteries. This could be nothing or it could be big. The storm is huge! It's just a matter of when it hits and where as to who needs emergency supplies and who doesn't. And just think, if you get these things now, you won't have to run out to buy them when snow is forecast!