Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
virgwid

I am brand new to quilting. Want to try anything and everything. I signed up at the LQS for a class on paper piecing. The class got cancelled. I frankly think I was the only one who signed up. The woman offered me a private one hour lesson for the same money, and I jumped on it. I thought I had something I wanted to learn specifically, as she said bring my own material and pattern and she'd get me going, but I realize in my stupidity, what I thought was ok to paper piece is actually a needle turn applique. (A later class I also signed up for). Long story short, I'm sure they probably have a small kit or something that would work, but my paycheck was half what it should have been due to my illness, so if I can get away with not purchasing anything, or at least limit it to whatever you paper piece with, that would be best. I have a too large stash, so probably have just about any fabric that would be needed. Anybody know of any small project? I don't even know what paper piecing looks like, when its appropriate, etc. Poor lady, I don't think she knows what she's getting into! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Virg