View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM
gramma mo

Originally Posted by lovingquilts4all
Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for all your interest and suggestions as I make this move to Maui. I got some great websites and book suggestions as well as a couple names of people I might meet there. I even found out that there is a Maui Quilters Guild and plan on attending their October meeting! Now I feel like I have friends there already. Aren't quilters wonderful??? I wish I could take you all there with me (we could set up our own guild), but alas there just is not enough room. Please let me know if you are coming to Maui, though, and we could meet in person. I don't have a PDA as one quilter asked (what is a PDA?), but I will keep you informed as to how life on Maui is for a Nevada/California native. We will have air conditioning (it is a must for me) and now I know about how the humidity might hurt my machine. I will be careful, for sure. Thanks again for your good wishes and support.
Linda
A PDA is a section on the board like a blog. You can go to the HOME page and go down to "Personal Diaries and Announcements" You click on that, and then click on "Make New Topic" You will give your "PDA" a name - like "Adventures in Maui" and just start chatting bout anything you want to! You can post pictures, write what you're doing, etc. It's like what you're doing now, but it's moved into a section with personal diaries instead of the MAIN board.
Seriously - I'd be a friend on your PDA and follow your adventure!!! Mine is called "gramma mo's adventures"