View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by pgthom
Originally Posted by deema
Originally Posted by LindaR
MY FW hates bottomline bobbin thread...lots of skipped stitches..try another kind of thread
I don't really think it's a thread issue (I'm using connecting threads thread, by the way)...The reason I tend to think it isn't the thread is because I've been piecing with it for a week or two on this top and haven't had a single missed stitch or issue at all.

The ONLY place it's skipping is immediately after a seam. It has no trouble getting over the seam, but as soon as it's over it, it skips a bunch and sews fine until *just* after the next seam. I'm thinking it's more of a mechanical issue...it's like...

Ok, we're going good (2layers)...oh, here comes a seam...(4layers), still ok...WHAT!? Back to two layers!? skip skip skip skip...ok, I get it...sew just fine (2layers)...seam (4layers) is ok...WHAT?!

Like the machine can't handle the transition BACK to just two layers of fabric from the thicker seam. Once the back end of the presser foot is over the seam, it sews fine. Am I making sense? lol
Do you have a "hump jumper"? It is a small plastic device, thicker on one end, thinner on the other, both with "toes" that you sew between. (Hard to describe) I use it when shortening/ hemming jeans, which prevents the problem you are encountering. My main machine is a Viking. I think they sell them in the shops.
The problem arises when you go over the thicker seam area, and are descending, part of the foot is still up. The pressure is uneven, so a good stitch doesn't form. Hope this makes sense. PM me if you want me to send a pic of the hump jumper.
I have never in all the years I have been sewing heard of or seen a Hump Jumper foot. Where do you buy them? Would you please post a picture? Thanks

:shock: