Old 08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by mom2boys
I have a quick question I have a singer 66 that I purchased on craigslist for $10, follwed Billy's great directions and cleaned it all up. Now I'm trying to get some test sews on it and I think the bobbins that came with it are wrong. The person gave me a metal bobbin that is the same size as the prewound Class 15's that fit in my Brother CS80 & Kenmore machine. When I try that bobbin all the upper thread goes under.
I put a Singer 15 plastic bobbin in the machine and it sews great but these don't look like the one I see online, they are flat on top not curved like the pictures look to me.

Thanks for all the help:)
Ginger
Hey there Ginger, you need a class 66 bobbin for the machine. You can find them at any Walmart, fabric store, LQS that handles notions. Just remember to buy the metal ones to use in the machine. If all they have are plastic bobbins then you can get a couple of them to wind and test the machine out on but the metal is the best for the machine. I bet once you have the right bobbin in there you will have a very nice sewing machine that will last you for the rest of your life.

Billy