Thread: WIP--new Tshirt
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Rose Hall

Dear all,

I don't normally post WIP. Sometimes I change my mind after I start a project and things get changed around, etc. But I thought I would post this anyway.

I realized this weekend that my son is quickly outgrowing his current Train shirt. I was "locker" diving last week after school got out (similiar to "dumpster" diving). The students throw out the best clothes, etc. I take them home and wash them and can always find someone who can wear them. Anyway, I brought home a HUGE trash bag of clothes and I found a PE shirt that was small enough to be a night gown for my son to wear to bed. (I work in a middle school). I will eventually make him a train quilt, but thought I better get started on a new train shirt before he outgrows his current one.
Over the school logo in the corner I am planning to use a scrap piece of fleece and with my embroidery machine, stitch "really useful engine". I was going to put his name on and realized there are some sick people out there who then could call him by name and he might walk off with them. sad, isn't it???

I will post updates as I can. The train track is taking me longer than I thought to blanket stitch down (by hand).

Rose Hall
Attached Thumbnails attachment-21017.jpe   attachment-21025.jpe   attachment-21238.jpe