View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
cheezythequiltmaker

Originally Posted by sandpat
Cheezy, I'm of course not Elle, but I wondered if you use any sour cream, tub butter, canned peanuts, moisturizer, oxy-clean....lots of things have a little plastic lid. I've saved several lids from the things listed above and also potato salad and peanut butter. You might just take a good look around your kitchen, laundry and bathroom...good luck!
Thanks for these suggestions, but sadly i don't use anything that comes in round plastic tubs. i cook mostly from scratch and don't use butter... But I did manage to find something that works. I used 6 core cable for alarms... It was very inexpensive and taped upnicely into the shape I needed.

So I had made on last night using hoop, and when it was folded up ot reminded me of a frosting pile on a cup cake.
Cue the lightbulbs.....

A demolished cerial packet, a calculator and compass later a voila, I have a cupcake pincushion and thread catcher set!!!!

The button is on a ribbon on the inside which is tucked into the base circles. the ribbon is just the right length to get caught in the twist and finish off the top.

I am soo pleased with it I have to make more!

Thanks for the original catcher idea.
Becks
Attached Thumbnails attachment-247119.jpe   attachment-247120.jpe