View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM
cathyvv

Originally Posted by litacats
a friend wanted a drink of water and grabbed a bottle took a swig and it was vinegar. it only made her gag but it could have been something much worse, I have a young friend with adhd and she will drink anything in a bottle it could be caustic soda and she wouldn't stop till it was all gone. her parents are so careful not to leave anything about, she grabed a half empty can of cool drink someone had left and drank it down it was a couple of days old and could have had a bee in it, fortunatly she was lucky that time but she just had a sugar high for 3 days, when we had people looking after mum they couldn't use anything if it wasn't in the proper bottle. you just can't be too careful
While I have no doubt that your friend has adhd, it is not characteristic of ADHD to drink something caustic until it is gone. (My now adult son has ADHD.) Could it be she has an extremely high tolerance for pain? Either way, she definitely requires full time monitoring...

I do 100% agree that you should never put one product in the container of another. Besides the obvious problems pointed out in the posts, it could cause an 'undesireable' chemical reaction! You really can't be too careful!