View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
carole-anne

Hi I am new to the site and joined it in desperation to find out why my Pfaff Grand Quilter keeps breaking the thread no matter what I do. I have quilted one baby quilt on it (I am using it on the long arm frame, Inspiron I think it is) and it kept breaking the thread but it finally worked when I changed the needles that came with it for a 90/14. Now I have a big quilt on there and ready and excited to go and instead it's two days of fighting with it as the thread breaks every five minutes or so. It sews beautifully and then the thread breaks. Like some of the quilters I have read about, I am ready to throw it out the window. I have not used it without the long arm frame as I bought it specifically to use with the frame so I don't need it to work on a table, I need it to work with the frame. Can anyone help with suggestions. I can't find the book and hope I am threading it right and maybe it needs oiling but I don't know where as I can't find the book. I checked out the internet to find instructions for those but so far the internet is like a bad road map and I haven't been able to find any instruction book that I can just read online. Help!