View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
pab58

Welcome back Lynnie! Glad you're back with this crazy gang!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've never heard of the Buckley scissors. I use the Marks embroidery scissors -- the "stork scissors" -- and I really like them. I do have Ginghers but they're the dressmaker shears. They were am employee gift when I worked at Minnesota Fabrics YEARS ago! I absolutely LOVE my Ginghers, and NOBODY better use them to cut ANYTHING except fabric!!!! I won't even use them to cut fleece because fleece can dull a pair of scissors before you can say "dicky-bird!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMGoodness!!!! I LOVE that phrase! I'll have to remember to use it! :D :D Do you have any other sayings/phrases Lesley that are uniquely cockney? Although, I guess you wouldn't know if they are unique until you say them on here and we ask you about them. :? It would be similar to some of our phrases that WE don't think of as being unique until someone from another country points it out to us. 8-)

Well, my four little lonely blocks are waiting patiently for me to work on them. I have be so-o-o-o-o busy with this move, etc. that I just don't have a minute to work on them. Whenever I do sit down, I am so tempted to pick up one and start working on it, but then I would feel so guilty because if I can do that then I could certainly get off my behind and do some more packing. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: So there they sit in my work basket. Once we get settled, I can reward myself and finish them up so I can get my center sewed together!! :thumbup: :thumbup: