Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
rummage

Originally Posted by beebs
Forgive me if this is the silliest question ever...but if I send fabric - do you just want whatever I think is nice - or does it need to be actual australian fabric? Made and printed here??

:-D Hello and a belated welcome to the forum from Scotland :oops:
I think someone else asked more or less the same thing, it really is not a silly question. The other girl was from the UK I think, from what I can remember I think the answer was that of course 'home grown' fabric would be nice but anything goes so long as it follows the normal rules of being 100% cotton for instance. I've been to Australia and I know you have some really special designs that we can't get outside the country so maybe something like that would be nice. I have seen some Aboriginal designs over here for instance but they are few and far between. I'm looking for designs with maybe a Scottish flair if I can but I think that I speak for the majority of quilters when I say, all fabric is good fabric. :!: :lol:
Hope this helps a bit, I'm jealous of your situation with your children, I know how lucky but also tired you must be. I had our four children within four years, they are all young adults now and talk about their childhood very fondly. They had a great time, I know yours will too. Just enjoy it :thumbup: :roll: 8-)
Take care,
Sue (aka rummage) xx