Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I ordered my background fabrics for my boyfriend’s quilt off of Missouri Star Quilt Co. I had a little money left over in my bi-weekly quilting fund so I used the leftover money to buy the pink fabrics for a geometric DWR I plan to make for my god daughter (before Christmas with a little luck and planet alignments). By the way, they are FAST at shipping stuff.

For the background fabrics I ordered a solid black Bella solid and a tone on tone white print. I come home today to find my packages and I was horrified to find that my white fabric was not in fact white, but cream! I even checked back at the website to make sure and the fabric in the picture is as white as a tonal white can get. At the same time I suppose its my own fault for not acknowledging that the word “cream” was right in the name of the fabric. But still! I said to myself “What am I going to do with a cream fabric? None of the quilts I’m making have cream in them!”

As soon as that came out of my mouth I realized a quilt I was planning to make did in fact have two cream fabrics making up the background: the geometric DWR, which I had just bought fabric for. Sure enough the yard and a half of cream fabric I mistakenly bought was precisely the amount I needed for one of the creams in my other quilt. Funny how things work out sometimes, huh? :)