View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
quiltswithdogs

I got a squishie too! One of you wonderful ladies sent it to me from very far away. I don't know if she wants her name to be shared so I won't until I check with her first. In the package were 6 gorgeous fabrics... enough for a whole project! It arrived on Friday when I was having a hard time with a rare case of "the blues". It's bad enough struggling with chronic illnesses, losing our home, furniture, stuff, and being unable to spend money on anything but necessities(so no fabric), but that morning DH said he felt we need to wait to get a dog until we know exactly what's going on with the bankruptcy and my disability benefits approval (for monthly income). The next day he said forget it, you need one for therapy. He's right about that, but I've decided to compromise by waiting until we know more answers. Cost is not the issue. A little dog from a shelter won't cost much as it will be healthy, neutered, eat little, and use the bedding, bowls, leash, toys I kept from our last dog. It's our housing issue. So, there I was, sad, and this wonderful package arrived. When I opened it and saw how elegant the fabrics are, my eyes teared up... I was very emotional that day. After much searching, I decided on a pattern I've never done before and cut out the first block; I'm ready to begin! Cutting with my poor hands is hard so I have to do it in parts.

I'm not telling you anything about colors or pattern now.... I will show it to you when it is done! Thank you kind friend from afar!

So, that's my squishie story.