View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Marysewfun

Originally Posted by abc123retired
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I like the one hosted by Martha Pullen. Sadly, they upgraded their servers and lost years of older posts, but there's lots of great advice.
The Ann the Gran site has lots of free designs, but you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay for a design from Embroidery Library and get something that will stitch out nicely. They often have designs for $1.
I like EmbroideryLibrary also; their designs and lessons, but the stitch count of some designs borders on the ridiculous. I've started searching other sites, I'm sorry to say. Would have loved the new jungle animal designs....oh, well.
I, too, like Embroidery Library - and you are right the stitch count or density needs to be adjusted. I actually broke a needle on one pattern because it became so "bullet-proof" with the stitching. A QB member (sorry her name doesn't come to me this second) mentioned enlarging the pattern a little in editing software but set to maintain the stitch count - not letting it increase along with the enlarging of the pattern. Haven't tried that yet but will be.
Otherwise, I love their stuff and their tutorials are fabulous, so explicit and easy to follow.

Marysewfun