View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:22 AM
margecam52

Is that ALL the fabric you have? LOL...I have you beat...trying to put mine on fabric boards, sorted by color (kinda)...and what happens? SIL donates me 10 trash bags of fabrics! Washing fabric all week...only about half way...most is very good fabric, some is only good for foundation piecing.

Originally Posted by bettyboop32953
I have begun the biggest project ever. I am attempting to tame the stash and become more productive. My sewing room is small and functions as guest room, sewing room, yarn storage, and scrapbook/cardmaking studio. I have spent hours reviewing other craft rooms and decided to bite the bullet and attack my fabric storage.

I am using Bonnie Hunter's Scrap Saver System. She is so prolific and attributes this to being uber organized. I have begun to sort, iron, and fold my fabric. Smaller pieces are being slashed into strips, strings and squares of commonly used sizes.

I have taken a pledge to only use fabric in my stash. Have any of you undertaken this endeavor? How successful are you? I feel like this is a lifetime project to get everything sorted, cut and organized.