Old 08-27-2011, 12:13 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
We always ship internationally through the Post Office, because there are no additional brokerage fees assessed. UPS and FedEx, as others mentioned, do charge those fees, which can be quite hefty! If the customer does not pay the fees, they bounce back to the shipper... and I found that out the hard way once! So it's ONLY USPS, the Post Office, for international orders, from now on.

That said... there is no package tracking available for those economical USPS flat-rate envelopes, either. And while *most* of them do get delivered just fine, occasionally one goes missing. It is a big world out there! So if you're buying internally, it's important to check to see if the merchant is providing you with insurance. It is important to note that USPS does not offer any insurance on the flat-rate envelopes, so merchants have to buy it from a third party, such as Shipsurance.

In case you're wondering, we insure all of our international packages through either Shipsurance or USPS, because we don't like unpleasant surprises any better than our customers do!
Thanks for the further info and insurance concerns, FF!

I had been wondering with your proximity to the border that you might be driving it across, and sending via mail/courier on this side. I know some of the companies near the border do that, to "know" it's cleared customs and truly on the way to the purchaser.