View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Quilting Aggi

ooh I'm sooo sooo sorry to hear that. :( :( :( I am keeping my fingers crossed that the economy picks up and you are back working again.

It is a shock for sure but I know you will get through this. In the meantime take a bit of time to recharge the batteries, do some more quilting (hey, you can make lots of beautiful scrappy quilts if you can't buy any fabrics right now.. go to www.quiltville.com and you will see all kinds of great projects!!! I'm making her crumb quilt right now and having a blast with it!!)

The poor economy has not hit us here in Newfoundland. In fact it seems quite the opposite! It seems when the rest of Canada is dealing with a recession we are prospering! The provincial government just announced a $10 billion extension to the Hibernia oil field yesterday! There are job postings everywhere and people are spending money everywhere it seems! You can go to any restaurant any time of the week and it's packed and the shopping malls are always busy. I work with the Newfoundland/Labrador Housing department with the provincial government. On the wall just on the other side of my little workstation wall here, there are 3 internal job postings that will probably go external in another week time. We are doing alot of hiring the last year or so. Come over here for work!!!!
If you worked here, we can take the lunch hour to walk to the quilt shop only a few minutes walk from here and fondle and play with all the lovely fabrics and patterns!!!

Thinking of you. Please keep us posted when something comes your way!

Cheers
Andrea