View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Mitch's mom

The 180 is a little work horse. It is older technology, you will need Ped Basic software and the card reader box to use any designs from the internet. You can buy design cards for it but the Ped Basic card reader is a better deal.

You will be limited to a 4x4 field for your designs. If you do a lot of children's clothes you'll be fine. There are thousands of designs on the 'net to fit in a 4x4 hoop. I have noticed too, that digitizers are making more 4x4 size designs. I know I don't have an hour or more to spend watching a huge multicolor design stitch out! I stick to a 5x7 max.

You can purchase a multi-position hoop for the 180 machine. You will still be limited to a 4x4 design area, but with the multi-position hoop you can stitch a design then move the hoop and stitch a name under or above the design, without having to re-hoop your item. I made a bunch of baby blankets like this with my multi-position hoop. You can also buy software to split designs into smaller segments to stitch in the 4x4 hoop.