View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
deedum

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
This was a spend, spend two days, Yesterday at 5:30 AM got on bus and headed to APWQ Show in Tacoma Had a great time saw lots of quilts, got some great "to try" ideas, and spent to much NOT on fabric, I promised myself when I left for the bus No fabric but I did stock up on thread, needles and more bobbins for my Tin Lizzie, more needles for my Janome, found 5 new patterns, some killer hand cream that does not stain paper or fabric, a new template to go with one of the new patterns, and two very worn out feet. LOL! ON the way back to Wenatchee (3 1/2 hr trip) We were all comparing what we had picked up at the show and I said I was sorry I could not find any one carrying Rytane(SP?) That I would like to try it. One of the other passangers said you could get it at "The Fabric Patch", LQS in Ephrata my friend Betty told me that would also be a great place to look for the oriental fabric I wanted to use in one of my new quilt patterns So I asked her "Do you want to go to Ephrata tomarrow?" She said sure so this AM at 8:00 we met in the same parking lot the bus droped us off at last night at about 7:00 PM Drove to Ephrata (about 75 min. from Wenatchee) spent a lovely 2 hrs just looking and spending too much, $246.43 latter I left the shop with fabric for one oriental Quilt top, Rytane(SP?) Yardage of 2 stone patterns fabric, 1 wood pattern fabric, 1 white burch pattern fabric, 1 bamboo pattern fabric, 2 lg pieces of batic, 1 template, a book on art quilt techniques, and a non slip product for my rulers. All told in two days not counting cost of bus, food, gas for my car, lodging, I spent the night with my Mom-in-law. My hobby cost me $589.33 I just finished adding up my recipts. If this keeps up I will have to get a job to suport my hobbie! LOL! The prices were very reasonable at The Fabric Patch, and I am set for the winter now.(until the next show comes up! Or the Shop Hop that starts here in Sept! HA! HA! HA!
Oh what a wonderful time! You gotta have some fun in life! Good thing I didn't live close by, I would have went with you!
I like saving so I can spend when the mood hits me!