View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:36 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

I've seen quite a few posts saying something like "I'm in a quilting slump - I don't want to sew - It isn't fun right now. . . "

Why should one feel one MUST "work" at something that is supposed to be a hobby and/or pleasurable pastime?

I understand about having all that money invested/spent on tools, machines, books, and fabrics. And perhaps feeling some "guilt" about just having it setting there.

But if one had traveled, for example, the money would also be gone/spent - but there would be no stuff around to "have to" do anything with.

As my Mom used to say - "It's paid for - and it doesn't need to be fed" - and she just packed up the things she no longer wanted to work on for a while and put them out of sight.

If one is depressed - which is a medical/physiological condition, one should get some treatment for it.

Clutter can contribute to depression. If the depression pit gets deep enough, sometimes outside help/assistance/intervention is necessary.

Doing something one enjoys can help make one feel better, but I don't see how sewing can do that if one doesn't want or need to.