View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 AM
NorthernDeb

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post a pic of the challenge quilt when it's a little farther along. I have most of the feathered star part done (not the middle though) and am still designing the applique part.
I had to laugh about sitting on the floor of the car for bridges... I do that for mountains. We took a trip to visit my brother who lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains... I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN... EVER!! I had to sit on the floor of the car and still I was shaking like a leaf. My sweet hubby and daughters thought this was hilarious! For some reason the bridge doesnt bother me. We dont go over it very often.
Mac Island is about an hour from us (to the ferry) and that's somewhere I LOVE to go. It's such a beautiful place this time of year. It gets a little stinky later in the summer when its hot and all the horse by-product is all over the streets.
If anyone takes a trip to this part of Michigan, let me know... there's a BUNCH of great quilt shops out here. There's 6 nearby!