View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:54 PM
margecam52

I had a question on using large prints...just had my left brain give me the answer..duh moment.

Correct me if my left brain is wrong...

When using large repeat prints, like the pond print you have in the tutorial...am I correct that you need to match the print repeats, which use larger amount of fabric to match correctly...and then cut into the size strips needed...this will result in more blocks than you would get from a smaller repeat.
For example: a 10" repeat will take less fabric than an 18" repeat for matching up...but, you will end up with more blocks from the 18", as the blocks (rounds) will be the same size...as you will cut the repeats into the strips to fit the triangle template...
I think my left brain has that correct...lol...sometimes the left brain works ok, sometimes it just likes to make me screw up and then laughs at me..lol.

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I am not sure but I think on the tute I showed how to use a regular ruler but don't remember for sure.

For those that think this is an advanced quilt, it isn't. A relative beginner can do this without a lot of trouble. It is easy.

But the biggest issue so far seems to be making sure you have the correct triangle.