View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
margecam52

ah....see...had my left brain made me read all the posts...I would have known that my left brain was pretty much correct.

Originally Posted by cutebuns
There is very little left over. I found when doing themthat I had less scrap than a traditional top to have.

I yet yet to do one it they also do an octagon one.

The fabric when choosing you want not a lot of background, a fair to large print. And depends what you like to the amount of colors. The more colors I find the more difficult it is to lay out the blocks.

With the repeats and size of project differing it is had to say a definitive on how much fabric. Bare minimum is to be able to find 6 repeats on the fabric. So if you are making a wall hanging or table topper you need very little as it is repeated width wise. Then depending on the sizeof project the more sets of repeats that you need. For a full size quilt top I would go minimum 18 repeats along the salvage. The size of repeat varies from print to print. So if it is 12" then times that by the 18 ( plus a couple for straightening) (6 yards) Then if you would like a border out of matching fabric add that as well. (yard/yard and a half)