Old 08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
teacherbailey

Originally Posted by JanTx
I'm a teacher and think I know what Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) looks like, but never saw it in myself, until .... I found that I flit between projects like a hummingbird - with the attention span of a flea! Right now I'm doing a block from the Farmer's Wife Sampler that has (for me anyway) teeny tiny tedious pieces. I'll do a bit of that - like cut the pieces out - then go to a Quilts For Kids project with large, simple pieces. I'll do a bit of that - like assemble the 4-patches - then back to the tiny ones.

Anyone else have such varied projects going on?

LOL.....I'm a teacher too and have multiple projects going! However with a strong family history of ADD, I figured I just wasn't diagnosed....but reading here, I think I'm just a multi-tasking quilter!!!!!!! (I really do like having several projects going at once so I can do what I'm in the mood for....right now I have a lot of ironing to do for a strip-pieced project, some finishing work on another, some pieces to trace for an appliqued sweatshirt.....etc)

Edited to add: I just have to be sure I change the speed lever on my machine when I change projects. Those itty bitty pieces don't do well at the speed I sew the bigger blocks!