View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

I actually have 3 Pfaffs. The new (albeit closeout model) 2058. It is listed for $3,299 and I got it for $1,200. It has the built-in-walking foot, needle up/down position, low-bobbin indicator, knee-lift, speed control change to slow option, awesome selection of fancy stitches, a mirroring option on asymmetrical stitches, and my favorite: it can be set to lift its foot (3 levels) so you can hold on to your piecing or add pieces. The needle threader works like a charm and it has a bobbin-winding option with the needle threaded. Haven't tried that one yet.

If the price hadn't been so fabulous, I would have checked out the Janomes as well, since they supposedly have similar features with a larger throat opening. A regular machine works for me since I have the GrandQuilter with a 9" throat opening and a 1600 stitch-per-minute speed. It's being set up with the handi-quilter frame.

My 3rd, is the Quilt and Craft 7035 and it served me well for over a decade. Not quite the feature selection as the 2058 but that's before I knew all the features I needed. Not sure yet what to do with it, since I also have a low-end Brother. Now 4 machines is a bit much for me.

I just like the feel of the Pfaff.