View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
OHSue

OK, behind his back I call my husband Mr. Dull, I say you could step into his closet with your eyes closed and pick any two items and they will match. He does not understand the fabric / quilting / color thing at all.

So today I went to my LQS to get some fabric for a class this Friday. I needed two complementary colors, six shade of each ranging from very light to very dark, should read as solid. Now you know you go in there and it seems like there must be 100 shades of yellow alone. I start of by saying I think I would like yellow and blue, we are unable to find six colors of yellow that really play together. So we move to blue and do find the blue eventually. By now I have invested a lot of time, but am ready for next color and one of the women gets out the color wheel, finds this beautiful brown and voila in no time we have six shades of this ranging from creamy yellow to dark brown. The whole mix is beautiful, I am actually hugging the staff in gratitude, I know my quilt will be the best in the whoel class. It took over an hour to do this.

I come home, have the fabrics laying out just so I can walk by and admire them. My husband comes home from work, I say 'aren't these gorgeous colors' and he agrees. I tell him about the project, and he says 'you mean you are going to use them together?' If it was up to him our whole house would be done in brown and beige.