View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 PM
soniboo

Originally Posted by Gramof6
Originally Posted by clem55
why do you feel it is necessary to always be quilting? I haven't touched my machine all summer, and it is a machine I bought last Sept, one that I could finally learn to embroidery with. And I haven't even tried to do that yet! Instead, I have enjoyed outside activities, a lot of reading on my Kindle, or the QB, and saving up interesting quilt patterns. Come the dreary days of winter, I'll get back to sewing. It is a hobby, not something I feel I have to be doing all the time.
Carol I think you hit the nail on the head. I used to be on another forum for a brief time and they tried to convince me that I needed to be sewing every single day & not letting things just sit in the studio. I quit that forum because they were so hard core. Maybe a part of that has stayed inside my head. I mean the stuff is not going anywhere. So it is "okay" to not be in there using my sewing thigns everyday? I do have a project on order that I am so very excited about! When it arrives, I think that will be the jumpstart I need to get recced up again. Thank You all so very much for your replies. I feel more normal now. :thumbup: In the warm months I do love to work outside, go to the grands ballgames, read, run around with my DH during his slow time from work. I do not like cold wind which we do have here so colder months is my best time to stay in and sew or quilt. I love to handquilt but who can tolerate a quilt up in their lap handquilting when it is 110 degrees out? Not me! :D Thanks again. Yall are the best!
Oh good, sounds like you feel better! Being in a sewing slump really isn't much different than say being in a cooking slump. It always passes though and sewing should be a fun thing and not a required activity so forget any "hardcore forum" thoughts and enjoy whatever. No wonder you left that place. :thumbdown: