View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Aunt Sue

Well, we made it through the storm with only minor damage and no power for awhile. Towns all around us, just a few minutes away weren't so lucky. Lots of severe flooding, bridges out and trees down....no power and unfotunately a couple deaths due to flooding.

Lots of neighborhoods in my town were evacuated because we are right on the Mohawk River in Upstate NY and they say tomorrow it will only get worse because all this water will be heading for the rivers and streams. We got about 8 inches of rain in less than 24 hours.

All of this isn't normal for our area. We even had a couple small earthquakes over the last week causing power outages.

Well I hope everyone stayed safe and now the clean up begins. In times like this it really makes you appreciate the things we have, especially our families and friends. Prayers going out to all the families who weren't so lucky.

If anyone has contacted me regarding the items I have had up for sale on the classifieds and I haven't contacted you....this is why. I hope to get caught up with answering all my messages this week. I am sorry for the delay in contacting you. If I have missed you and you are still interested please send me a new PM and I will get to you this week for sure.

Everyone stay safe! {{{{HUGS}}}
Aunt Sue
Suzette