Old 08-29-2011, 04:19 AM
judylg

I am taking a fractured quilt class in October, was out shopping found fabric that would be suitable. But, said to myself I have to go through my fabric, first. Yesterday, I let the yardwork go and started just that. My basement is a mess, so is my laundry room where I keep my totes. I pulled it all apart looking for either a 12 inch or 24 inch repeat on the fabric. Found some that will work in a 12 inch repeat, found co ordinating fabric to go with it. Now that is neatly tucked aside, now I am sorting through fabric, by color and some category. I have enough, maybe, I think, as others have. This feels so good to organize. I know it will not last forever but for the next bit of time, I have an idea of what I have. I have way more red than I thought, that surprised me. Anyways, thanks for the inspiration here, someone is always doing something in their sewing area and I do think of organizing when I read it. Am happy. Of course this cleaning is taking away from my sewing time, can't have it all, I guess. So cleaning does save you money or it has for this project.