View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
GladGrams

Thank you for being interested in the limited life of Tulla who charms just about everyone - she allows close to her.

I will try to explain a bit about communicating with Tulla. She is forced to get her points across using the only parts of her body over which she has control.

Watching her eyes and her mouth is the essential part.

She loves to watch videos, if we forgot to put one on for her, she would make a noise, seek eye contact and then look quickly at the stack of videos. When asked if she wanted to watch a video - a smile. Point made! Communication half done. Then there was the choice of "which" one, if you held up the wrong one - out came the tongue which means "no". Point made!

Mouth
Smile = yes
Tongue out = no
Tongue back and forth over lips = unsure, maybe

Eyes point to
what she wants,
whom she is addressing
what the problem is

Noises accompied by facial expressions are easy to read...
If her both arms kind of spasm up at the same time, depending on the facial expression - something is either very wrong or absolutely wonderful

Her mother is a professional at reading her and they can actually argue with each other. It is a wonder to watch and a priviledge from God to be a part of. We learn more about love with each visit.

Tulla is especially sensitive to being stared at in public or being the center of attention of strangers in a group. She is somehow able to read "the spirit" of people and decides who she lets-in and who she shuts out of her world. Believe me, if you are being shut out the message is clear!!! I have seen it myself when someone patronizes her. WHAM - they no longer exist!

Love
Glad Grams