View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 AM
dakotamaid

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
BTW, is line drying just your preferred method? I usually dry mine in the dryer.
Guess that I was afraid that they might fray too much if tossed in the dryer. We have a fireplace in the corner of our living room and we have hooks on two sides so that we can put up a clothes line to dry things in the winter when the fireplace is on - so had DH to put up the clothesline and I "washed" ever piece of batik that I have been buying for the past year - "washed" in a white kitchen dishpan - just swished around a bit with a little soap - then rinsed until the water ran clear - then had lots of big fluffy towels on the kitchen counters and rolled up the fabric in towels and then just put on the clothes lines - no clothes pins needed. Very little ironing will be needed when I get around to making a quilt out of them. I could do about 3 "clothesline loads" a day and it took me a week to do all of them. DH now fully appreciates how beautiful that these batiks are after seeing them all displayed in the living room for a week![/quote]

Sounds neat, I have lots of batiks I just have had shelved waiting for the right quilt pattern.. This diffidently a winter project for me.