Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Butterfli19

Well you have all given me hope! lol

I've wanted to do this - something - for quite some time and find that I just keep thinking it or saying it or posting on mb's and have decided that I'd better either do it or shut up about it. As far as quilting I like the piecing but not the quilting, AT ALL, and tend to make small things occassionally so I don't get too frustrated.

I also contemplated making children's clothes but decided that I would have to deal with the mothers and not being a real "people person" that's probably out, unless I make to donate and that would be ok but I donate gently used clothing anyway and am looking to make some money.

That leaves the dolls, who seem to make most people smile. After you put them together and give them faces they just let you do what you want. They don't complain about their hair or their clothing and are always happy to see you and listen to your day, and put up with the venting on how the hair or skirt just isn't quite right and perhaps some beads may be nice, and are very agreeable even when there are pins sticking in their heads to keep their hair on. (Can you tell I have real kids? lol)

So after I finish my living room curtains - four panels and three sets of tiebacks to make - I will make a doll or two and post and take suggestions.

I love having you all for sewing friends! :) :) :)