Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
ashgrover

I forgot to tell you but I am sure you will all figure it out but you can make the center of the table topper one color and the strips different colors. I have done that to. I use these for gifts all the time and don't always remember to take pictures of them.
You can also piece a center square and then cut it. Let your imagination be your guide don't be afraid to try a combination that you like. I have done machine embroidery on my center square before I cut it. Also used a practice quilt block and practice embroidery pieces. Possabilities are endless. LOL
The www.embroiderylibary.com has some shown with different machine embroidery designs on them in their project pages. Also I jhave made them with three different fabrics. I made some pretty Fall ones with a leaf fabric and fall colored strips that were pretty. Thanksgiving ones are fun to as well as seasonal ones. Another gift idea I use is to cut squares of fabric scraps for napkins and serge a rolled hem on them. I just keep adding to the pile and then pick out a set for a gift and take a plastic cafe curtain ring and open the napkin out and take a hold in the center and slip a one inch or 2.54 cm the cafe ring ring on half way up. stand a set up in a nice colored small bucket or a flower pot and open the ends of the napkins out. These make great gifts and everyone loves them. Those in picture were from moda scraps I had left from borders of place mats that were done with the different real fruit on them. Did napkins for them and had enough scraps to make a set for a birthday gift.

Napkin pots
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248490[/ATTACH]

Napkin pots 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248491[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248484.jpe   attachment-248485.jpe