View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Havplenty

okay i have to chime in now. i believe that some are taking others expressed feelings as an indictment of themselves personally. i didn't get that sentiment from the other comments. i got that they were merely expressing their opinions. i didn't see any direct finger pointing and i have two pairs of eyes on (contacts & reading glasses). of course this is all imho.

there is a deadline date that is september 4, 2011. i would imagine that if you cannot meet the deadline date you should let the effected persons know that now and not on september 4th. i also had expressed early on that i would start blocks late due to finals, school and what not but i fully expect to have all blocks in the mail this week.

yes there are some of my blocks that will have points off but i have seen off points in some of the "professional" quilts in books and mags. please know that i tried my best to get those points right and sometimes resewed a few. and i know i had a pressing issue on one or two blocks that can be corrected to the receiver's taste if they think it is too noticable. but i have went through a hugh investment in time & using quality fabrics in making blocks that i would be proud of despite the small boo-boos. everything is going to be a matter of taste to the receipient no matter what we have chosen to do.

the block swap is open to sewers/quilters of all levels and those who participate must remember that foremost. while everything we receive may not be what we would have chosen for ourselves, we accepted that fact when we entered this swap. i am a most modern print lover and block lover. some may receive my modern take on their fabrics/blocks and it not be what they had in mind at all. i am sure as quilters we can repurpose such blocks if we find we need to or make any necessary adjustments if that's called for.

i hope we can all finish this swap with a positive attitude despite our personal feelings. it does no one any good to feel beat up on or feel as if there is a finger pointing at them at this point in the swap. finish your blocks and hopefully you have grown as a quilter after this experience. i know that i have and if i have totally missed the mark on your finished block, please know that in my eye i was creating a masterpiece and the few mishaps that may exist in your block will hopefully give it more character (but hopefully your quilting will make them less noticable :-)).

mary