View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Jaynie

First may I say my heart & prayers go out to anyone effected by "Irene". I have been glued to the news reports and some of the videos they show just break my heart.
Hubby and I have planned for about five years to tour the New England states to see the fall foliage. Was planning to leave Texas toward the end of Sept. Now we are wondering if that is such a good idea. There are so many places we want to visit that are near or along the coastline and now the flooding , the power outages and recovery efforts...should we rethink this and maybe try another year? I just don't know. We certainly don't want to go and then be in the way because they are still recovering. (we will travel with our 5th wheel camper)
Certainly has been an eventful year for us. My husband retired Nov. 2010 and we had a winter with record low temps for a record number of days in a row..very unusual. Then in February the winds started and didn't stop until late early Aug. The winds combined with the horrible drought has caused an extrordinarily high number of wild fires. These fires fueled by the winds have been devestating to almost every county in TExas (our small community suffered the loss of 13 homes) Now we are experiencing a record number of triple digit heat days. I think we are at 78 days now. We froze, blew away, fried and dried up. (many lakes are literally drying up)
I think my husband should go back to work...LOL!!!