View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Jaynie

Originally Posted by LindaBN
I live in an area of Vermont not effected too much. If you come, stay to the northern areas, Burlington and up as the south is going to be difficult to navigate for some time. Some towns have so many roads washed out, its hard for the local people to even get around. If you could wait until next year, that may be a good plan. On YouTube if you search from 'Vermont flooding' you'll see a lot of tragic stuff. I know of two covered bridges that were washed away or severely damaged. Houses swept right off their foundations and washed down the river. Towns with the main streets turned into rivers and road beds destroyed. Cellars full of water, trees down, electricity out...truly devastating in central and southern counties mostly. I'd check with this department before I came. It's a bit early to really know the extend and the duration of the issues. http://www.vermontvacation.com/
Oh Linda, so glad you were not effected. I have watched the news reports almost nonstop and it just makes my heart ache when I see some of that devastation. The covered bridge going down that has been there since the 1800's and the homes destroyed....just so sad. Thnx so much for information and I will keep all those effected in my prayers.