Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
quiltnut4ever

This is an amazing story that I would never have thought would happen to me but here it goes!

Last week at work I received an email from someone looking for me with my maiden name and that they had something that belonged to me. Of course I was skeptical but the subject line of the email noted my high school name. I thought maybe it was some former classmate looking for me. So I emailed the sender back and asked some questions stating that I didn't recognize their name. Shortly after I received another email. This time the sender stated that they didn't mean to send me a cryptic message but yrs. ago they had found a h.s. class ring and if I told them what my birth month is they would be happy to send it to its owner. The moment I saw h.s. class ring, I couldn't believe it. I'll tell you in a second. I responded with my answer and a few other details as well as photos of the ring. I waited and waited and waited (I hate waiting!) and finally while in my company vehicle I received the email. I screamed and cried like you wouldn't believe, it was MY CLASS RING THAT I HAD LOST! Here's the kicker...I LOST THAT RING 29 YRS AGO IN NYC!!!!!!!!! I emailed the sender back confirming it was my ring gave them my phone no. and when I got home from work that person called me! She was so nice and had told me she found the ring 15 yrs ago in Long Island NY, way far from Manhattan NY where I thought I had lost it! HERE'S THE CLINCHER...I LOST THAT RING 29 YRS AGO!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT 29!!!!!!!!!! Who would've thought that it would be found and so intact! We exchanged addresses so she could mail it to me and I received it today! I graduated from the H.S. of Fashion Industries in NYC in 1982. The sentiment is not so much the school but the overtime my dad had to do to pay for it back in that time. And now its back! And it still fits! Its a little rough on some edges but I'm having it professionally cleaned and polished! Here's the photo below:

After 29 yrs. I feel a puzzle of my life back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248648[/ATTACH]

Not a great pic but I will never lose this again!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248649[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248642.jpe   attachment-248643.jpe