Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
ecmoore

As QuiltE has written, we do feel the effects, which is hard. My perspective is a little unique - my mom's american, my dad was born in Canada but raised in the US then moved back to Canada. I'm "Straddling the border" at the moment, so to speak, preparing to move to Texas - my husband could find a job there, and I haven't had any luck here in any way such that I could support him entirely through the immigration process. When things were a bit better financially for me, I spent a lot supporting Canadian industry as much as I could, but right now things are extra tight (Moving that far is EXPENSIVE) and I've got to save where I can while keeping some sense of normalcy.

I suppose what really fries me is that we're importing the same products. Moda fabric is ALL being imported from Korea, and yet we're paying a full 50-70% more. And it isn't as though there's a textile industry to really protect, anymore. And the LQSs in Ontario aren't any happier than we are about it- I'd rather support the fantastic ladies at my local ones, and do as much as I can, but I don't see what's being "protected" by us paying such ridiculous fees.