View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
sandra lester

Oh! I thought I was the only one that had enough unfinished projects that I have to store them! :-o

As to storage, I use the large metal shelving which I purchased from Sam's Wholesale club. I stack my sewing notions, fabric, etc. in boxes that fit the way I fold the fabric and stack on shelves. I have my fabric organized by color, textures, and type. I label each box as to the contents. I live in a four room 1930's house so space is a premium. I use 3-drawer storage drawers on wheels which I roll under my sewing table. I plan to install the peg board for other storage needs. I currently have a large bulletin board hung to the right of my sewing table for my ideas, squares, etc. I have an ironing pad which I store also under my sewing table which I whip out and spread on tope of my sewing/cut out table. I often use my 6' long kitchen table for larger cutting projects.

I am in to so many different mediums I have quite a bit to store. Though I have very little space, I try to keep all organized so as to have a walking space in my sewing room. But, I use time I want to be sewing or quilting to organize but at least I have a sewing room now!!!